Tuesday, December 13, 2005

How did I get here?


Stare closely at the picture ... If you look hard you'll see my buddy Wes Hobson, Simon Lessing (5-Time World Champion), Siri Lindley (ranked #1 ITU at the time of the photo), and Ryan Bolton ('00 US Olympian, winner IMLP). Oh yeah, that's world renowned coach Joe Friel in the back (second from left).

Twice I travelled to Las Vegas to enjoy Wes' camp. Both times were great! The camp has since been turned into a DVD available from Endurance Films.

Oh, I'm in the back, far right.

About a week after returning from Kona, I discovered that they let anyone do this sport. After making a committment to myself to try it, I managed to train for about a week before realizing that I don't know what the hell I'm doing. That's when I discovered TrainingBible.com.

During my first month or so with TrainingBible.com, I entered into a business relationship with them regarding PDA software. During a conversation with Dirk Friel (Joe's son and damn fine pro cyclist), I asked him a question about tying my shoes to my bike in transition. Dirk said he'd have a friend of his get back to me. Moments later I received an e-mail from Wes. Well, I have nothing but kind words for and about Wes. Feel free to give him a shout at http://www.weshobsonperformance.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home