Thursday, August 31, 2006

A time efficient workout


I had two really good workouts on the trainer this week. Both were done after my regular daily treadmill session.

This first session (left) was a simple ride at/near FT until you are too tired or time runs out sort of ride. To be honest, I haven't done a 20' interval in a very long time. And now I remember why. It's boring.

Still, I was very pleased with the results.

This morning I performed a slightly more interesting workout (right). This time, I set out to ride 1' in increasingly harder gears while maintaining a steady cadence and then returning to my starting level. Repeat again using a slightly quicker cadence. and so forth. (The abrupt end was due to reaching my goal TSS for the workout).

Anyway, due to the reasons shown on the graphic, I'm fairly convinced that my FT has now risen to 345w!

Plus, I have finally ascended from the Power Profile's "untrained" category and am now firmly planted in the Cat5 category for Time Trialists. Woo Hoo. 'bout time already.