Thursday, February 09, 2006

Getting closer ...

So, I've been asked to update my blog a little more often. It's not as though I have much to tell folks ... well, I do but that's besides the point. Most of the stuff that someone might want to know from me, I am obliged to not speak about .... yet. But, that shouldn't prevent me from speculating too much.

Rumor has it that a well-known cycling software product will be releasing a new version shortly. What will be the new features? Who will really be interested in knowing about this product? Stayed tuned...... At first glance, long time users may not see much difference. But, there is a lot more going on. The list of supported devices is growing bigger everyday. The introduction of features written about in Hunter Allen's and Andy Coggan, PhD.'s book are there. Bug fixes. Helpful tools and features..... Lots of fun stuff to keep you entertained or focused on your training results - depending upon which camp you might fall into. Make no mistake, this is serious software for folks interested in truly maximizing their athletic potential. But, it's simple enough to let you get started without requiring an advanced degree in I.T. -'nuff said.

TrainingPeaks.com will be releasing an upgrade to it's free Messenger product sometime within the week. We've finished making some last minute changes. And, personally, I am very happy with the results. Among the best new features are seamless login from the desktop to various website destinations, support for the nutrition scanner, support for all Garmin Edge (205 & 305) and most Forerunner (201, 301, 205 & 305) GPS models. We've also added support for Polar S series heart rate monitors along with support for the Cambiatta data recorder. All from the desktop and all tightly integrated with the web site. New customers can even drag & drop their existing .hrm files into Messenger and the application will deposit the files into your account at TrainingPeaks.com without haste.

Anyway, as always, if you have any comments, please feel free to write to me directly at the e-mail address shown on my profile.

-jeff